Thursday, February 17, 2011

we love our postal carrier



I had to giggle when the doorbell rang and my husband came back with a message from Tammy our postal carrier.... she told my husband that she'd be out on vacation till today (2-17) and that last year I'd given her some great chocolate candies for Valentine's Day. She wanted to make sure that I didn't leave anything in the mailbox that the other carriers might consider eating, you know.... it might not still be good when she comes back so lets eat it for her. Now you might think this is a little presumptuous of Miss Tammy, not really...she knows me too well. I try to leave her a little something in the mailbox on most special occasions. Since I couldn't remember what delicious candies I'd given her last year I had to come up with something interesting and tasty but not too much.... so I'd found her a box of 6 "rich chocolate truffles" and made her a set of mug mats from her two favorite colors.... orange and purple.

I met her at the mailbox today even though I'd already placed the little bag in the box along with all the depressing bills... don't you just hate writing out bills?

I got tickled at her pulling the bag out, she rubbed her hands together and said I can hardly wait, I'll have to open it back at the post office.... with much gratitude she pulled away...

Now what to do for St. Patty's day????

No comments: