Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Denise's Buddy Block


Even though Denise is not due to get her block for another week I thought I'd go ahead and post the photo... This is a Buddy Block exchange from the evening meeting of the East Cobb Quilt Guild. Every two months we're matched up with another member, through discussing the blocks that we'd like for our projects we learn a little something new about exchange partners. It has been an enjoyable to strengthen our connections.

Denise wanted red & white so I dove into my scrap bin for a variety of both colors. The toughest part of the process was picking a block design. This one is from BlockCentral an on line quilt block resource. The block must have a "real" name but only tag it had was "Year's Favorite" so I can only conclude that a Block of the Month or something similar was done and this was the favorite of the many designs.

It is a fun block to do... only Half Square Triangles (HST) and full squares of fabric were used. the design is from the placement of the individual HST. Now I must admit before you point them out, many of my points don't meet.... but I was happy with the first time result and the crispness of the block, so I didn't go back and try to perfect it. From a galloping horse no one will tell, right????

Hope you like it Denise.... see you next week to exchange blocks :)


No comments: