Friday, February 25, 2011

Challenge Quilt 2011


Well, I've moved into that thought process of "it's better done than perfect". Even though I've been working on the quilt top of my East Cobb Quilt Guild 2011 challenge quilt for weeks it was still under production last night when I took it to evening guild meeting. Matter of fact, I was picking out free motion quilting that I'd done and didn't like like. Not sure if it was color thread, awful design or the fact that I'm a terrible free motion quilter. Anyway, it was not done in time to turn it in last night.... so I was working on it till the wee hours of the morning... I got to hear the 3:00AM thunderstorm roll through.

I got it all together this morning and turned in...I've not decided if I'll redo any of it or just hide it in the drawer... it is finished and that makes another thing DONE on my deadline list.

The challenge elements were, one friendship block, a heart, obvious binding, a certain size, and it had to tell you something about your best friend....
... So my Best Friend is (or are) my treadle sewing machines... I used some treadle fabric that a TreadleOn member shared with me. My friendship stars had black backgrounds. There was a thin purple with metallic silver pattern fabric piping (?) edge trim then 2.5 inch squares of various sewing fabrics. The outer border was the same snake fabric that I used in my ISMACS convention Halloween quilt contest entry, now that is all gone :) The binding was supposed to be obvious so I did lime green... The lime green binding looks okay at 100 yards while riding a galloping horse, up close it is awful--- I might trim it off and redo... haven't decided.

Yes, one of the friendship blocks is misshaped, that's because our friends are not perfect... not even treadles--- I know that is hard to believe...

I have the quilt back home so will take a better picture but this is the photo taken this morning before leaving for guild meeting...


No comments: