Monday, September 15, 2008

It's raining dishcloths













Last year a few weeks before Christmas my mother-in-law asked if I'd make up a little something for her friends at the senior center... "like what do you have in mind?" Her response was "Oh, something simple; maybe dishcloths." Truly a simple task if I'd not been rushed to get 20 done for the senior party. This year I've decided to get wiser with old age... I found an easy round dishcloth pattern that has only garter stitch, you can get at least one done during your average TV movie, and get two out of a small ball of cotton yarn. What a deal!!! As of this morning I have 26 ready for this year's Christmas giving :) She'll be thrilled. If I keep up my pace I might actually have some to give away as well. kz

3 comments:

stringplay said...

I counted 28, but I may have gotten 'lost' in the trail. Either way...great job. It's still September. You can put your feet up and maybe do your OWN stuff the rest of the year!

Anonymous said...

Those are cute. How large are they?

pbj fiber marietta said...

These look wonderful in the photo...they look like flowers dancing along on the water. Isn't it great to do something mindless once in awhile?