Sunday, April 24, 2011

!!!SO FAR BEHIND !!!

How can a retired person get so far behind??? I mean I don't get in the car everyday and spend hours some where else... so how do I get so far behind... I guess, that might be one of those ageless questions...

Well, to help catch you up on what I've been doing I thought I'd just group things together rather than do individual posts...
So here goes QUILTING

I've got another Christmas BOM done... is the Civil War block done NO.


Here is a photo of my blocks for the TreadleOn Spring TOBE (Treadle On Block Exchange) which was due at the beginning of the month. These will make a great split rail fence quilt. I sent in multiple sets.... On the right is a photo of the extra block that I made each of the participants, it's made with the special state of Georgia Fabric fabric that commissioned for the recent Metro Atlanta shop hop.



I took a two day class in hand applique... it was advertized as 6 ways to applique... but I think the teacher slipped an extra one in there somLinkewhere... The picture shows the results of the first day of class... basket, handle and one leaf. I have the flowers prepared for stitching down but this will be one of my projects on my up coming quilting trip to the north Georgia mountains.



Last Wednesday my Georgia Friendship Quilt Guild had a workshop on making these neat pincushions...we made ours big so that folks could get the hang of the process. We made two and had a drawing for one made by a guild mate. Here is a link to a smaller sized that is worn on the wrist... In my picture the one is made is on the right... the purple one was made by a guild friend. It was a fun project.


Now you are caught up on all of my sewing adventures...k





No comments: