Monday, March 9, 2009

Loon fabric block challenge




Last summer while friend Mari-Lynn was at the cabin we thought up the Loon Fabric block challenge with the idea of making a woodsy quilt for a boy. Ove the last year our church quilting group, Loving Hands Quilters, had made four Barbie quilts, believing that the boys were being shorted we thought that this would be a good way to start a new quilt. Well, the block turn in was pushed back to March... so here are the results so far. I think they are the beginnings of a wonderful outdoor quilt for a fine young man at the shelter. k

2 comments:

stringplay said...

I love these blocks. I pulled them up individually so I could see better and enjoy. My favorite is the top right - the two different greens with the loons and pines, but that bottom one is very intricate and quite nice. Good Job as usual!

kaylace said...

My friends did a great job facing the challenge of the Loon fabric... Now I must get my thinking cap on and come up with the filler blocks. At this point I am thinking of Flying Geese blocks for sure, possibly some Maverick Stars in brown, greens and blues... none of my filler blocks will have loon fabric in them. My Loving Hands Quilting friends have fulfilled their part of the bargain..... now it is my turn!!!
k