Monday, March 9, 2009

Granny Cook's Singer



I got several emails after the last post regarding my making blocks for the Century exchange on my 1908 Singer SM that came to me through my husband's family, folks were curious about what my baby looked like. Well.... since I know that my MIL will not be seeing this post, I thought that I'd go ahead and tell you that I've decided to finish up using the remaining Civil War fabric by making more pinwheels for a recliner quilt for Mom. The quilt will be made on her family treadle, my husband fears that I'll end up making two more so that the sisters will have one as well.... so be it. Anyway, since several folks have asked to see the machine I've taken some quick photos this morning. I would like for my husband to take a couple of pictures over my shoulder while sewing so that mom can see that the machine really is in use. The pictures will be put on fabric and placed on the back of her quilt. k


2 comments:

stringplay said...

Got so excited by the Loon blocks that I didn't scroll on down for this post. Machine looks pretty good for an old-timer. I know it's in good hands now. Mom (and sisters) will be so pleased.

Lori in South Dakota said...

a Sphinx!! I love vintage/antique sewing machines!