Tuesday, January 13, 2009


This little quilt is titled "My Wife Went to Florida and I Got Was This Lousy Pot- Holder". For several years a dear friend of mine, Ann Ewald, had Quilt Camp in Florida and I attended yearly. My husband got a small wall hanging each year. This is his 1998 version. The reason it is called a POT HOLDER is...... while demonstrating lacemaking one year at the Cumming Co Fair we were housed in the same building as the local quilt guild, they'd hang all their mini quilts from the rafters, these two ladies came in, looked up at all those mini quilts and said...."why put all that work into a pot holder when you can buy them at the store???" For the rest of the weekend those quilts were POT HOLDERS :) So this is my husband's very own potholder... K

1 comment:

stringplay said...

Visitor comments are priceless and add extra flavor to the whole demo experience.