Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bobbins a Plenty




I just can't help myself.
Bobbin lace was the reason way I got into the Atlanta Chapter of IOLI in the first place. I studied with my mentor Betty Kemp for years, enjoying every minute of it. Somewhere a long the time line I learned tatting and never turned back.... I've picked up the bobbins and pillow every now and then but the major part of my lacemaking is now tatting. That, however, doesn't seem to keep me from gathering more bobbins... some are gifts and some are purchases of weakness, maybe I am telling myself that I'll get back to my pillow some day soon... While straightening my computer desk and sewing room one weekend I found all these bobbins tucked away amoungst my other treasures.... They should be in the bobbin box but I am enjoying their bouquet in the mug...something sweet to look at while I work on the computer...k

2 comments:

stringplay said...

Each one a work of art.

Anonymous said...

I notice your posts take place at 4 am!