Sunday, October 25, 2009

While the hubby is sick






While the cat is away, the meces will play :) However in this instence the saying should go.... While the hubby is sickly is the wife will quilt :)

For the last 36 + hours the hubby has been suffering with an allergy attack brought on from his hunting weekend a week ago.... I am not sure what he was allergic to, but he has suffered with this for the whole.... it seems to be getting better, however. So during this time of nursing duties I've been productive. My brother is going into the hospital for surgery on Nov 2....being the lover of trains that he is I thought a nice snuggly train quilt might be just what he needed. So got busy assembling his quilt... I'd been working on the blocks thinking it would be a Christmas gift but the surgery has sort of moved up the time line. Knowing how poorly men are at being sick I figured that SIL Sherri could probably do with a hug from Georgia as well... so got her floral quilt top done also. There were a few unused blocks so I put them together for a quilt top her granddaughter Payton... and there were still four blocks remaining so made up a baby quilt inadvance, what an odd concept......

So here they are, Train quilt with Texas Ranger fabric for the backing for Leo. A floral quilt with autmum leaves backing fabric for Sherri. For Payton a floral quilt with lamb flannel as the backing....

All of these quilts are going to dear friend Ann's house tomorrow for quilting on her long arm quilting machine....there is no way I could wrangle this size quilt and get them done in my life time.... Ann is a life saver...K


1 comment:

stringplay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.