Thursday, August 13, 2009

Productive summer




I had a very productive summer...
The East Cobb Quilt Guild evening group is doing buddy blocks (a form of exchange blocks)... My buddies this time were a mother daughter team, the blocks were to have certain colors and a required size...they would become a part of the daughter's new quilt. In the pictures below they are the blocks hanging from the clothes line...

Since I enjoyed making one of the blocks so much I made enough for a quilt top & this was out of scrap fabrics that I found at the cabin. (light colored quilt made from half square triangles)

The other picture is of quilt top number two that was finished from blocks I'd done last year but not assembled. (large bright sections of fabric)

There was a third quilt top made from another set of blocks I'd done in the past but never assembled, this one however didn't get photoed.

Since I had some batick fabrics left over from the buddy blocks I made up a number of modified "snowball" blocks that will be assembled for a charity quilt...

It was a productive summer...
Oh, all of this was done using one of the Singer 66 treadles that we bought last summer at the swap meet in Grand Rapids MN...
k

1 comment:

stringplay said...

Boy! It does look like you had a Very Productive summer. I love, love the green blocks at the top. I saw a picture last night of a patchwork bag and these blocks would be perfect. Thanks for the idea.