Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Batik quilts





To border or not to border that is the question....

While In Minnesota I got caught up in the batik storm, this was due to a guild block exchange, (See it was not my fault). The assignment was to do a batik block, since that was the assignment I wanted to do it the Northwoods way. So I waited till I got to the north country before I even began selecting my batiks...getting all woods theme batiks. I got a yard of this and yard of that, before I knew it I had way more than I needed for my measly two or three blocks that I was to turn in. When the assignment was finished I went full blast cutting out and piecing other blocks... Since arriving back in the hot humid south I've occupied my time inside finishing the blocks and piecing the tops. Yes, they are small but they'll be great baby quilt size...

The modified snowball quilt is 5 blocks by 6 and the half square triangle is 3 by 3 blocks sqaure. I have two pieces of batik large enough to make borders.... but now I'm not so sure I want them...what do you think??? K

1 comment:

stringplay said...

These are FABULOUS. I love the greens!!