Monday, May 4, 2009

STITCHES south



Over a week ago I had the pleasure to attending the fiber show called "STITCHES south", which was a yarn, thread, knitting, crochet and other needlearts show that was in town for a weekend. My sock mentor, Sonja, and I attended for a full day. We could have probably spent more we both were suffering from fiber sensory over load. It was an inspiring and educational event for me, there was yarn there from animals I didn't even know was caught for harvesting. I mean who would have thought of Yak, water ox, and buffalo???? no me....

So what wondrous fibers did I purchase???
That's correct........a buffalo baseball cap for my husband and a sheep necklace for me, he is made from a felted bauble...K

1 comment:

stringplay said...

We were very restrained, weren't we? But eventually I'm going to need some of that yak.