Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where Was I???

Taking a class from a quilt or yarn shop is a great way to not only learn a skill, make a project, or find a new interest but enjoy the fellowship of other searchers... Yesterday I had the opportunity to take an Amy Butler purse class with a good friend and a couple of fellow strivers. Four students and a most capable teacher spent the day together making the colorful Bird Sling bag.

Okay, that was how it was supposed to be.... Some where after we cut all the pieces out, had lunch , and began sewing I veered from the path. Some how after hours of sewing and resewing I awoke to the realization that 3 of my four band pieces where attached upside down... and then if that were not enough one of the bands was even on the bottom of the bag lining rather then top. WHERE WAS I ?????? I must have taken the class as an opportunity to enjoy a mental vacation to the fullest extent possible :) After the shock wore off it was obvious that I had a golden opportunity to restitch my pieces, removing some faulty stitching that had taken place while the tension on my handcrank sewing machine was adjusting to a new silkier thread. I'd not planned on getting the bag done during but I sure would have been further along if my wits had been about me???? Where had they gone for all those hours?

All in all the class was a fun way to spend the day. The purse will be finished by the end of the week. I learned how to diagnoses and adjust the tension on my old Singer Spartan. I also got really good at unsewing....

I had a great deal of assistance in the unsewing process from the teacher and my friend Mari-Lynn. God Bless them :)

Oh, then if this were not enough when we got around to taking pictures during the class I discovered that the batteries were dead.... no pictures of the unsewing :(

Well, off to put new batteries in the camera....
Kz