Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Edwina's Quilt arrives in NJ


Many years ago, I bartered with a friend... a quilt for a painting. I know I got the better deal in that arrangement. Edwina lives in NJ. She is much more punctual then I. My painting was a gift to my husband, it was received a thousand years ago. Now I must speak up for myself and say that I worked on Edwina's quilt every year... the 90+ appliquéd butterflies loomed heavy on my conscious... I'd work on it then put it away for far too long, get it out and work then put it away.... well, my resolve this year is to finish up all those long lingering projects and Edwina's was the first. My friend Ann quilted it on her long arm quilting machine because my shoulders and back hurt after just moving the quilt top around on the sewing table. Anyway.... the long awaited quilt went to Minnesota with me where I took several weeks to attach the binding. Mailed it off to Edwina the day before we left to come back to GA. You would not believe my surprise when the quilt arrived at my address and not her's. Seems while the postal person and I talked at the small country post office the meter stamp was forgotten. So it ended back here with me. Lucky for me I still had the stamped receipt showing the amount of postage I paid.

The quilt arrived in NJ today......... it probably sighed a big relief when it was released from it's box after about 3000 miles of traveling. Edwina's quilt was snuggle tested when a GA friend Mari-Lynn came to visit at the cabin, since she was freezing every evening she took the opportunity to test out the warmth of the quilt... seems to have been a success by the looks of the picture.

Miss Edwina, sorry that it took so many years for your part of the barter to arrive :) kz